Position at VTT
Research Scientist, Software business
Research background and current research topics
Researching the influences of the Cloud on delivering user experience. The Cloud is emerging as a phenomenon and it is happening at the confluence of several trends in the software industry. The results of this work will significantly increase the diffusion of effective modern software business strategies, value creation networks and capability building in order to convert cloud technology to significant economic value. The research focuses on developing new ways of product differentiation in the cloud context. It aims at building organizational capabilities for delivering user experience and added benefits of cloud services to customers. It is expected that the research results will enable organisation to develop process and capabilities for facing uncertainty and gaining competitive advantage in the new business landscape.
• MBA full-time (Distinction) at Oxford Brookes University, 2007 – 2008.
British Council scholar 2007 – 2008.
• Siberian-American Department of Management, Irkutsk State University.
Diploma in international management and international economics (Honours), 1994 – 1999.
• University of Maryland University College. Awarded BS degree (GPA 3.6 out of 4.0). Irkutsk Region Government scholarship, 1994 – 1999.
• Certified Microsoft Business Solution Professional in ERP implementation (Microsoft Dynamics NAV): Warehouse systems (2006); Finance (2004); Application setup (2003).
• Research Scientist, VTT Technical research centre of Finland, Finland. Conducting research and participating in projects with software companies regarding cloud business and user experience transformations. January 2010 to present.
• Business Solutions Division Manager, Nautilus IT, Irkutsk, Russia. Business
consultancy and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software integrator.
January 2009 - January 2010.
- Managed projects for ERP, CRM implementation in various companies (a country-wide furniture manufacturer; industrial hydraulic tools and equipment manufacturer; others)
- Led teams of analytics, managed customer expectations and project risks.
• MBA consultancy services, Oxford, UK. May – September 2008.
- For the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre NHS Trust, Oxford, UK Developed financial analysis and contingency planning model;
Delivered the results for the board of directors;
- As a team member on the Organisational Change and Innovation project produced the results that were recommended for implementation in the Business School
- Researched the effects of Foreign Direct Investments on developing economies on Finance & Development MBA course. Studied global economic processes, developed a new area of analytical abilities, acquainted with practical application of differential equations and acquired economic modelling (GAMS) skills.
• Business Solutions Division Manager, Nautilus IT, Irkutsk, Russia. November
2006 – September 2007.
- Formed the division's strategy, provided business consultancy services, managed four ERP implementation projects, and led sales negotiations at CEO level.
• Project Manager, Nautilus IT, Irkutsk, Russia. June 2004 – November 2006.
- Implemented Activity Based Costing and budgeting;
- Together with Microsoft Rus organised business seminars at the top-management level. Delivered speeches on ERP implementation, finance, WIP and warehouse management.
• Analyst and software developer; co-founder of Nautilus IT, Irkutsk, Russia.
February 2003 – June 2004.
- Developed a model of scrap minimisation for window pane manufacturing. Analysed sales, procurement and assembly line business processes.
- Customised ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics NAV). Produced Technical specifications for programming. Provided training and on-going consultancy.
• Entrepreneur. 'Xanthos-team' international wild-tours guiding. May 2002 –
- Guided international groups of up to 20 people on three- to ten-day hiking trips in the Sayan Mountains and around Lake Baikal, Russia.
• Head of Foreign Investments Division, Department of Foreign Affairs Irkutsk
August 1999 – May 2002.
- Analysed economic, political and cultural relations of Irkutsk Region with China, Japan, and Mongolia; produced reports for the governor and vice-governor;
- Organised international conferences, trade-fairs, and high-level events for Russian and international officials;
- Applied cluster theory and evaluated the viability for developing aluminium industry cluster in Irkutsk region, Russia.
• Entrepreneur. Soft-drinks distribution, Irkutsk, Russia. June – August 1999.
- Built distribution network.
• Intern. International Small Business Development Center, USA. July – August
- Internship in the marketing department. Analysed marketing strategy.
• Volunteered in orphanages and organised one-week sport-camps for teenagers in Siberia, Russia. Regularly during 1994-1997.
User experience and capability development
Areas of interest
Running, reading, cross-country skiing, snowboarding, cycling, cooking
+358 20 722 2402