Mixed reality to support new service business in industrial operation and maintenance
Customers / partners: Fortum, Wärtsilä, Metso Paper, Pöyry, Nokia, Intergraph, Cadmatic, Space Systems Finland, Prowledge, R.A.TR-Consulting
Challenge: Mobile plant worker needs to locate equipment and view product information on-site.
Solution: User can view the complex plant design, operational and maintenance data with live video stream on a mobile device. The method uses picture database, wlan, sensor positioning and system information integration.
- Identify operations where mobile solutions can provide significant benefit.
New types of service business solutions, e.g.:
- Mechanics can view design information on-site during equipment installation.
- Trainees can “learn by walking” when commissioning a new process or equipment.
- Operators can monitor and control the factory process while being in the field.
- Mobile maintenance engineers can locate equipment and access the equipment information easily.
Research Professor, Team Leader
+358 20 722 6246