Model checking reveals hidden design errors
Customers / partners:
- Evaluation of nuclear power plant I&C systems (STUK)
- Verification of nuclear automation (Fortum)
- SAFIR2014 research programme on nuclear safety
(STUK, TVO, Fortum, Fennovoima, Aalto University)
Challenge: System verification by testing and simulation covers only a limited number of system behaviours.
Solution: Model checking, a computer aided verification method, covers all possible behaviours of the system model. VTT has successfully applied the method e.g. for the verification of critical nuclear automation systems and factory automation systems.
- Designers detect design errors in early phase.
- Revelation of design errors that could have gone undiscovered with only traditional methods.
- Fast and inexpensive way to try different scenarios with "what-if" analyses.
Senior Scientist, Team Leader
+358 20 722 6469