Building materials, products and structures
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland offers research, development and expert services related to building products, materials and structures that speed up the implementation of new technologies and support the competitiveness of companies. Our services cover different phases of innovation process, starting from market research to the development of technology and products.
VTT’s services aim at developing and securing the overall performance and competitiveness of new or renewed materials and products. In addition to technical properties, our services cover the aspects of economy, availability and eco-efficiency. Our product technology services include the manufacture of materials and products, and related worksite practices.
Our services cover building materials, products, structures and systems. Materials studied include industrial and natural materials, such as asphalt, concrete, rock, wood, metal, plastic and composite materials, and building products and structures manufactured from these materials. We study and certify the chemical, physical and mechanical properties of materials, products and structures using reliable methods. Quality assurance comprises part of our operations. Our service selection contains comprehensive development tasks and the research of individual properties.
Our services also help in the management of the long-term performance of solutions. The development of protection, coating and repair methods comprises part of our operations. Material efficiency services cover the use of new or recycled materials and solutions for saving natural resources and reducing the ecological footprint
Examples of our services
- End use, competitiveness and demand of products and materials
- Development of building technologies
- Environmental impact and ecological footprint of construction and building products
- Modelling and simulation of microstructures and material characteristics
- Certification of structural and building-physical functionality
- Certification of fire safety using empirical and calculated methods
- Risk assessments of products and product systems
- Background checks for construction design and control methods
- Securing the functionality and operating age of materials and products during their life cycle
- Full-scale empirical research and verification methods
- Measurement and monitoring of dynamic stress and related impact
- Safety assessments of nuclear power plant structures
- Product development projects that are planned and executed together with the client
Key Account Manager
+358 20 722 5903