Mechanical pulping and furnish concepts
VTT offers strong expertise in mechanical pulping, furnish design and energy saving concepts. With us you can build on the knowledge gained through intensive work on the development of GW, PGW, TMP and CTMP processes of various fibre raw materials. Together we can tackle obstacles to create desired pulp and product properties and to reduce energy consumption. When you want to speed up your furnish development, utilize our in-depth knowledge on fibre, pulp and filler types and their effects on product performance. For experimental purposes we offer, in addition to empirical testing, unique tools such as the PAKKA simulation tool for furnish design and optimization.
Our typical consulting assignments include benchmarking, process mapping, tailored pilot or mill trials, trouble shooting and training. Some examples of our assignments:
- identification of problematic particles in paper and pulp, consulting
- furnish solution by auditing stock preparation at mill for finding critical points
- PAKKA simulations for product development
- benchmarking of commercial pulps
- developing a new test method for evaluating picking tendency from pulp sheets with commercial printing press
- demonstration of the new product properties from pulp to end-product (incl. sensory properties)
- pulp related process solutions for drainage and wet strength
- pulp related process solutions for linting, dusting, picking, vessels, roughening, colored spots etc.
+358 40 579 7810