1. Develops and demonstrates robust processes for the treatment of acidic metal/sulphate-laden waste waters from the mining and metal industries,
2. Focuses on the recovery of the valuable metals and removal of sulphates with new methods,
3. Will provide robust economic solutions that are applicable world-wide in variable conditions,
4. Combines competence of three Finnish, Swedish and South African research organisations, SMEs, large technology providers and end users,
5. Will deliver three demonstrated technologies and their integration into competitive concepts for increased sustainability of mining operations in Nordic and South African environments.