This research project is set to evaluate and support Finnish government's aim to increase the share of innovative public procurement up to 5 per cent from all public procurement.
The main tasks are:
1) to conceptualize different forms of innovative public procurement
2) to evaluate the potential of different organisations to implement public procurement for innovation
3) to measure the realization of innovative public procurement
4) to identify and analyze practices of effective-based public procurement
5) to provide a method to measure the effectiveness of innovative public procurement
Project is coordinated by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland and Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE), and it is conducted as part of Finnish government's analysis, assessment and research activities that aims to generate information supporting decision making.
Project started in June 2016 and runs till the end of August 2017.
Senior research scientist