- MODER objectives are
- to develop tools for design at district and neighbourhood level that enable the comparison of different alternatives of RES systems. MODER will promote the simultaneous consideration of energy and cost savings to improve the interest of owners and users in participation and decision making.
- to improve the understanding of the behaviour of complex energy systems for non-technical stakeholders by visualization to give an easy-to-understand access to alternative energy scenarios.
- to improve holistic energy-system design at district level considering renewable energy systems. Holistic design considers new links between renewable energy supply systems to allow the optimal selection and sizing of energy conversion units as well as the energy distribution system without the need to interfere the city level district heating and electricity grids.
- to develop processes and practices that enable building owners to activate refurbishment at district and neighbourhood level with the help of energy management companies and engineering companies. MODER will also develop business models for engineering companies, consultants and energy managers to profitably offer these services for owners. MODER will promote integrated project delivery models needed in refurbishment at district level.
- to develop methods for effective design management by showing procedures for analysis-based target setting, information sharing, monitoring and collaboration.
Horizon 2020 H2020-EeB-2015, EeB-05-2015, INNOVATION ACTION