VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd is one of Europe’s leading research, development and innovation organisations. We help our customers and society to grow and renew through applied research. The business sector and society in general benefit most from VTT when we solve challenges requiring world-class know-how together, and convert them into business opportunities. We have 75 years’ experience supporting our clients growth with top-level research and science-based results. We develop new smart technologies, profitable solutions and innovation services.
- VTT ensures efficient utilisation of science and technology with the aid of broad international cooperation and networking. VTT is part of Finland's innovation system and operates under the mandate of the Ministry of Employment and the Economy.
The Finnish Food Research Foundation
- The objective of the Finnish Food Research Foundation established by the Finnish Food and Drink Industries’ Federation in the year 1960 is to promote research and training to serve the Finnish food and drink industry.
- The foundation supports postgraduate studies of young university students and internationalization as well as the directing of research to targets that are interesting for the industry.
- Furthermore, the foundation funds projects the objective of which is to find new knowledge or area of utilisation.
Immunoassay company with 25 years of experience
Antibodies and immunoassays for fungal antigens
Fusarium spp ELISA kit for screening of cereals and soil
Wide coverage of toxigenic species
Determination of risk of mycotoxin generation
PBL Brewing Laboratory
Successful collaboration through a food chain: Barley to beer
- PBL Brewing Laboratory is a company devoted to pre-competitive research and development in malting, brewing and beverages
- It is owned by one malt-producing company, Polttimo Oy, and four breweries, Oy Hartwall Ab, Oy Sinebrychoff Ab, Olvi Oyj and Laitilan Wirvoitusjuomatehdas.
- PBL operates on a pre-competitive level and VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland is the main strategic research partner.
- The objective of PBL is to build a scientific and technical platform for creating an environment promoting the shareholders’ competence and global competitive edge in both the short and long term.
- PBL finances research projects that cover the whole value chain from barley to beer and coordinates technical scale trials and acceptance of new malting barley varieties in Finland.